Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a Geforce MX 4000 128MB (Boo, I know LOL)

Some games I have tried to play say it does not support directx 8.1 but I have played some directx 9 games on it with no problem.

How is this possible? Was I just getting a generic message for unsupported cards (eg: moh pacific assault)

My card is not supported for this game, but is there a patch or a way to tweak the card to at least play mohpa in low graphics????

Thanks

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
DirectX support means that it can support certian features in a DirectX revision. 8.1 had fancy shaders and 9.0 expanded and made them prettier. Most games will default to a basic version that has nothing very pretty but still works. Other than that they could just restrict the game based on the hardware.

There is a program out there that can trick some (not all) programs and games into thinking you have another GOU. I just can't remember the name...

·
Registered
27 Posts
jbezweb said:
Hi,

I have a Geforce MX 4000 128MB (Boo, I know LOL)

Some games I have tried to play say it does not support directx 8.1 but I have played some directx 9 games on it with no problem.

How is this possible? Was I just getting a generic message for unsupported cards (eg: moh pacific assault)

My card is not supported for this game, but is there a patch or a way to tweak the card to at least play mohpa in low graphics????

Thanks
the games like hl2 are made for directx 9.0 but they are also made to be compatible with older generations, for example hl2 is compatible with dx9.0, dx8.1, dx8.0, and dx7.0. Your card can play it because it has dropped down to an inferior dx mode so your card can handle it. About moh:pa, is it dx9? if so and you cant play its because its dx9 ONLY, meaning it doesnt support your old dx8 card and your card could never play it because it doesnt have hardware support for dx9 shader functions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.