Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Super Digital Video's TV Tuner Card so that I could connect it to the TV Cable in my room. After placing it on the PCI slot, I restarted my PC and insert the CD (came along with the card) in order to install the appropriate drivers. It installed one driver for the device but one is still missing. I have tried all different ways to install the driver for it but unsuccessful. I have tried to copy paste the files to the System32/Drivers directory but no results. Since the one driver is missing, my software InterVideo WinDVR is unable to work and it always crashes (WIndows has encountered a problem with InterVideo WinDVR, Send Report, Close) when I try to open the stream. On Windows start-up, the software automatically searches for the channels and so gives the error "Cannot get device"
I have no contact info. about the company (website, technical support tel.) otherwise, would have asked them directly. The manual book that came along is 2 pages and not worth anything.
Please help me find the driver and solution for the whole problem so I can appreciate.

P

·
0 Posts
Are you sure the company name is Super Digital Video ?
Let me do some more reserch. Meanwhile please try windows update ( slight chance of finding the drivers ) and uninstall/reinstall the drivers. After uninstall go to your device manager. Right click on the question mark by the device. Right click update driver and do it automaticly with the cd in the cd-rom. Lets see if it works.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On its box, it says Super Digital Video in big bold letters. There is no other info. about the manufacturer or the company. Its looks more like a generic one to me.

P

·
0 Posts
Did anything come up with the everest scan ?

Are there any bar codes or any stickers with letters numbers on it on the card ?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is a product of Animation Technologies. It is LifeView FlyVideo WDM TV Tuner. I have tried all the suitable drivers present at their website and on Driver Guide but looks like something else is wrong. In the Device Manager, its called "unknown device" and no driver seems to be working.

P

·
0 Posts
we had some steps forward at least. Did you notice anything about XP compatibility on the website ?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes! I have seen the minimum requirements written in the book and also on the website.
My system config is as follows:
Win XP Pro. SP2
AMD Duron Processor, 1.3 GHz
512 MB of RAM
40 GB HDD
DirectX 8.0 installed
32 MB Video
Sound on Board
32 bit colors

I meet all basic requirements. Now, is it something related to my motherboard?

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Does the tvcard say anything about direct x. Some have to have directx 9 to work. Have you tried updated video drivers?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Direct X required is provided in the CD and I just reinstalled it. It stated that my version of DirectX is higher.
I havent tried updating the video drivers. I dont think that would be a problem. Also, its a discontinued product so there is very low chance of me getting any solution.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.