Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just Bought A New Hp Pavillion Dv9000 Laptop,and A Tv Card Came With It.
I Live In Nigeria,after Struggling For Like A Month To Recieve Local Station,i Recently Change The Country To Uk Instead Of Nigeria
And I Finally Search And Got Local Station
But The Problem Now Is This Station Dont Produce Sound.
I Have Dont All I Could Still No Sound
Can Somebody Tell Me Wat To Do To Solve This Sound Problem.
Every Thing Plays Well With Sound In Windows Media Centre Just The Tv That Dont Produce Sound
My Operating Sysytem Is Vist Home Premium
Pls Sumbody Help Me
Really Frustrated..

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
You're tv tuner card "might" need to be plugged into your sound card.

We need to know the model and maker of your sound card and tv tuner

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for ur reply,like i said before its a hp pavillion dv 9000 laptop and the tv card came with the laptop... the card connects tru the pci slot of the laptop.

·
Registered
76 Posts
shouldnt have to plug anything else in.. only thing i could think of would be possibly the signal format? NTSC vs Pal, etc? maybe has to be changed to get the right signal as to where you are?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks So Much I Will Try To Change The Color System Then I Get Bak To U.
This Sgt Johnson Joke Is Very Funny

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
It depends on which tv tuner card you have, but my Hauppauge tv tuner card needs to be plugged into my sound card to provide sound.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Hi Ogbodu!!

Ok. So, it seems like you are using the HP Pavilion dv9000 CTO Notebook, am I right? From your description there, it seems maybe you have a issue with the driver of the tv tuner. You can try to download and install the driver for the tv tuner from hp.com and see whether it works. The driver page for your notebook is here

Hope this helps :wave:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks so much,i will check it out and get bak to you.
but recenlty i can recieve mails witth my yahoo but i cant send.but i can send and recieve with my hotmail.pls help me my trusted tech advisor.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Hi Ogbodu!!

You can't send and receive using yahoo, but you can using the hotmail, is that right? Can you try go to Tools, Internet Options and delete all the Temporary Internet Files. See whether that works :grin:

Thanks for choosing me as your trusted technical advisor too :wave:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks,but am using firefox and icant find where to delete temporary files

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Ok, so you're using Firefox? You can delete temporary files by going to Tools > Clear Private Data.

Before that, can I know whether is the Yahoo Mail worked before on firefox? When the last time your firefox work fine with Yahoo Mail?

If is never worked before, your computer might need a java updates, as the Yahoo Mail using a javascript syntax in it. Try to clear the temporary files, and see whether it is working fine after that. Make sure you didn't clear the password field, if you didn't remember the user name and password for certain sites

p/s:
You might want to visit this forum if still have the same issue after that:
Mozilla Firefox Troubleshooting

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.