Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on unique video reconstructions of old science fiction stuff (see http://www.recons.com for more info, but that site has nothing to do with me) and I eventually will need to relay the stuff done on computer to videotape.

I'm using the NVidia GeForce2 MX/MX400 card on a AMD Duron 1.2Ghz PC. The drivers I are using are ones posted on the NVidia site in August this year which I needed to get to play Jedi Knight 2.

I have plugged an S-Video cable into the card adn the SCART socket into the VCR Satilleit port (which I use so I can record digital TV)

But I get a black picture as it's suppose to boot up, then goes to a blue screen. I've changed the video channels to the right one, but still nothing.

I've tried looking in the manual, but it doesn't give any information.

I've selected teh second monitor on the Settings bit on the Display box and it says Not Active. I click on the Extend Windows option and it says SEcondary Display 1024,0. But still no picture on the TV

It must be noted that I can still get a picture on the PC monitor as I do this.

The troubleshooting option doesn't offer enough information.

The new NVidia drivers come with a section which adds to the Display, Settings, Advanced option. The first one is nView Display Mode with Standard (Dualview), Clone, Horozonial Spin and Vertical Spin.

The clone feature gets me the occasional black screen, but wihtout the option selected, I Get nothing. There is an option for Display, which at the moment is selected for : nView Display 1: Analogue Display 1.

I found a Display Settings in this menu which lets you select device, but am relutant to try it incase something goes wrong..

Thanks for your help..

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.