Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ECS DeskNote (desktop/laptop).... anyhow....
It posts fine... and I can go throughout the bios configs... however if i just let it try and boot it will turn its self off shortly after the hardware check screens... (basically it turns off the second it would normally start to look for something to boot off of)

I'm curious if this could be a proccessor problem somehow... or perhapes just a safety feature of the PC to keep itself from blowing up.. (it Beeps once right when it turns off)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I deprived you of information......
It actually started doing this after I put a heatsink thermal pad on it. (i've just been test booting it till my Artic Silver III comes in monday and figured i should put SOMETHING ON IT)....
when i put the pad on it i noticed the heatsink was hell-a hot..... i assume that just means it was transfering more heat from my amd xp 2200+... (which i know is a great thing)...
today i cleaned off all that **** and the pc stopped turning off... as did the heatsink stay much cooler (only meaning my processor is probably hell-a hot...) anyhow... anyone wanna confirm this speculation?

S

·
0 Posts
Those pads are for the birds.

Wait until you get you get your goop.

In the meantime while your waiting impatiently why don't you lap the bottom of the heatsink so that it is nice and flat...................:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you know... thats a very good ideal... only I haven't really read into that concept..... Wanna tell me exactly "how" to do that?

(that would be needed since this is a really cheesy heat sink.... I dont know if you know what a Desknote is... but its a laptop with desktop equipment.... an xp 2200+ in a laptop.. woot!... heating is gonna be a problem)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.