Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, there was a thunderstorm, so my dad unplugged the internet. I didnt know he did it, so when I tried to go online, an error popped up asking if I wanted to work offline. I clicked yes. The next day, I apparently am still working offline, I guess. I use firefox, and can connect to the net just fine, but MSN Messenger won't connect because it says I am working offline. Also, I cant find Internet Explorer on my computer. I think it was uninstalled when we got firefox. Can anyone help? Thanks.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
IE did not get uninstalled, since Microsoft has made it very difficult to do that. :) Look in Start, Programs, Accessories, and you should find an icon there.

If you run IE, on the File menu, there's a Work Offline entry, try toggleing that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have a similar problem, my problem is i use firefox and every single day when i sign on to msn messenger i get the work offline error code and have to open up IE and go to file "work offline" and take the check mark off.

i was wondering if there is a way to permanently set this setting so it never checks "work offline". please somebody help me and thank you

o.s: xp
i.e: 7

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.