Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turn off and block Update Center (Sony Xperia)

SOLVED 
7K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  Masterchiefxx17 
#1 ·
Hi,
I keep getting pestered by Sony Xperia e4m Update Center, so I want to turn it off or block it somehow

I managed to find a firewall app which blocks it out but this app drains battery instead.

I keep setting Update Center to NON-automatic updates, but for some reason it sets itself back to update by WiFi. So whenever I have forgotten to turn the firewall on, I get a message that my Updates are ready to install, finding out it have been downloading updates for several minutes without my knowledge or approvement!

Often these messages appear in the middle of nowhere, when using the phone. When doing calls or watching videos it interrupts and ruins everything.

#2 ·
Turn off built in apps without Jailbreak

Hi,
I have several apps running draining both battery and memory of my phone. And Update Center have automatically installed new built in apps I cannot remove, which I did not even ask for or even use. They are just there draining my phone.

I dont want to jailbreak my phone, and as stated in another post, I have been using a firewall but it drains the phone as well.

I know it is possible to disable the app but whenever restarting the phone the apps appear again in business. So doing this everytime is time consuming and annoying.

Please help!

#3 ·
Re: Turn off built in apps without Jailbreak

what phone???? what android version??? you can try going to your settings - application manager - scroll down to the app, click on it and see if you can disable it there

#7 ·
I have already set it to disabled but it keeps starting again as soon as I got a wifi connection. Then it auto updates and download updates.

About battery, I have already set to saving stamina mode, and if I use ultra saving I cant use the apps I want so no help there.

The screen is set to low when possible. There are apps in the memory running that I cant remove or disable fully which drains battery.

I never asked for these apps and I want them gone or I would have to root my phone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.