Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was wondering about Tuner Cards.

1. Do you have to have Windows XP Media Center to use one to tune into Tv?

2. Can you connect a Ps2 or XBox to it?

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
If you mean TV Tuner cards, they will work with any version of Windows. You just connect the aerial cable from your TV or VCR into the card and you can watch and record fullscreen or in a window.

I haven't tried connecting a console, but I'm sure it can be done by tuning into the correct frequency/channel. The capture rate might not be too good though. If it does work, you could record games in realtime to mpeg :cool:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I installed a cheapo Happauge Win-TV card $18 from Surplus Computers and it works fine on XP Pro. It has both a cable tuner and a direct video input. The game console would probably be better on the direct video input.

There is some latency (action lag time) in the digitizing cards. For faster response times, if you want TV and game console on your computer monitor, you should consider one of those standalone boxes that run your VGA through them and overlay the video on it.

- The Inspector

·
Registered
282 Posts
does the console have a s-video output?

These are the input on the Tuner Car:
TV In+S-Video In+Audio In+Remote Receiver In

·
Registered
282 Posts
What sound card are you using? Does it have inputs for sounds if so you could plug the audio straight into your sound card.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's built into my motherboard. I'm not sure if it does. I don't think it does. Also my motherboard has a Sp output, I don't suppose I can use that right? It's probably for a camcorder or something

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
That is one expensive card. I got mine for 25 bucks and I can plug my gamecube into it and play with no problems and no noticeable lag...Plus the capture resolution on that one isn't that much higher than mine.

Come to think of it that's how I made my avatar. Doesn't look too bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.