Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am sure this has been posted before but cannot find anything!
I have a P5AD2-E Premium and just bought a 74Gb Raptor where I want to install XP Pro (Just one, no RAIDs)

I have an IDE DVD drive ( I managed to install win before with this DVD and this mobo in a different Sata HHDD but cant remember how)

Anybody please give the way to connect the stuff? Right now after win install loads drivers, it cannot find any hhdd devices.

Sil controller detects the Raptor OK

it is quite urgent, thanks a lot!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@ beastiedk
If your Raptor is a SATA drive, connect it to the SATA1 connector. You can leave the dvd drive and original HDD where they are after you have installed the OS. I suggest you disconnect the old IDE HDD while installing winPro on the Raptor, as a simple configuration is better in case you have problems.

If you can see the HDD under the Sil-Im controller in BIOS, you may have connected it to the SATA_RAID1(or2,3,4) connector. If this is the case, switch the connector to the SATA1 connector.

If your Raptor is an IDE(PATA), you will want to connect the PATA(IDE) Raptor to the PRI_IDE1 connector as master since you are using it for your Operating System, WinPro. You can decide whether or not to connect your second(original) HDD as slave or connect the dvd-drive as slave, or neither as slave and connect the old HDD and dvd drive to the ITE contoller IDE connectors, which are labelled PRI_RAID1 or SEC_RAID1. Again, I would only have the Raptor connected until you get it working, then add the old IDE HDD.

Let us know how it goes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.