Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i`m new in the forum, so apologies in advance if i poested on the wrong place.
As for my problem: I rewrote some stuff in regdit in hope of making a visual novel to install correctly.
Following the advice of an indian guy, what i did especifically was modify the value of a folder to this "%1%*
and now none of the .exe program will work or at least won't stop asking how do you want to open this file. The worst part is that this includes the regedit itself.
What can i do?

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
10,554 Posts

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
10,554 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, i`m new in the forum, so apologies in advance if i poested on the wrong place.
As for my problem: I rewrote some stuff in regdit in hope of making a visual novel to install correctly.
Following the advice of an indian guy, what i did especifically was modify the value of a folder to this "%1%*
and now none of the .exe program will work or at least won't stop asking how do you want to open this file. The worst part is that this includes the regedit itself.
What can i do?
Do you know what registry key you changed? All you really need to do is change it back. I don’t think you need to do a full reinstallation of Windows: that’d be silly.
if you don’t remember, can you reinstall the app that it affected?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you know what registry key you changed? All you really need to do is change it back. I don’t think you need to do a full reinstallation of Windows: that’d be silly.
if you don’t remember, can you reinstall the app that it affected?
I think he said he wasn't able to get back into regedit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.