Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
actually am trying to decide on mobo as well,
what would you pick?
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum nForce4 Ultra Athlon 64 Skt939 DDR ATX Motherboard w/Audio, Gigabit LAN, RAID/Serial ATA Retail

MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI nForce4 SLI Athlon 64(FX) Skt939 DDR ATX Motherboard w/Audio, Gigabit LAN, RAID/Serial ATA Retail ***Free 2nd Day***

then as far as cpu i am kinda lost as to what to get

i am not much of an oc'er
but a huge gamer, but one on a definate budget
would like to spend around 700

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sry x2?
thats not the dual core psu?

what do you think of this one?
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3500BPBOX - Retail
$219.00

that and what is the better 939 pin mobo?
even if it is not listed

thanks brother

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Both are excellent but the SLI board gives you more future upgrade room. That CPU you picked is a prime choice. X2 means dual core in the AMD series.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Venice is good

Hi

I actually slotted in a Venice core 64 3500+ last week on a A8V Asus board...(A8N were out of stock...) runs pretty nice....cooler than the 3gig E prescott i had..

have not seen massive improvement in benchmarks but definitly faster (probably about 3.2E speed. in game frames are up though which is the real test...(full specs below)

I would think this CPU on a A8N (better longevity) is a good option for games

Cheers

Skt 939 A64 3500+ Venice core
Asus A8V Pro
2 gig Giel blue heat sink ram
V9999GT (6800GT)
SB Audigy ZS pro
Samsung 913N (8ms)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
hi munoshi,

the two MSI boards you provided are really good. if you are not going to upgrade to SLI later on, then just get the MSI board without sli. if you are gonna upgrade to SLI on the other hand, then get the MSI board.

X2 are the dual core cpus for amd. they perform great and the x2 cpus are good for multitasking, gaming, and more.

check out www.newegg.com for the good deals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.