Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
But I'm struggling. I've been using Chrome for ages and always liked it, but I've been getting more savvy on the whole tracking thing, plus the abuse of power by Facebook, Google, et al doesn't encourage keeping Chrome since it's a Google product.

What I like:
Facebook Container - I didn't know FB was tracking you even when you're not on it! I'm seriously considering dumping FB anyway.
It supports Roboform, I can't do w/o it.

What I don't like:
The right click menu when I'm on a web page. Too complicated! I often want to save information on a web site by saving it as a PDF. The right-click menu on Chrome made it easy. I could select "Print", then either save it as a PDF and choose which pages I wanted, or I could print it as is. FF doesn't give a Print option, it only gives the option to save the whole thing as HTML.
It doesn't support the Fakespot extension. I've been able to get around that by using the copy/paste method into Fakespot, but really prefer the extension.

If I could get the right-click menu while on a web page to work the same way it did on Chrome, that would help a great deal.

· TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
11,922 Posts

· Premium Member
2,328 Posts
try:

I print pages to PDF for later reference because save as HTML doesn't always save everything, normally I use the file menu but right click would be more convenient.

11,922 Posts

· Premium Member
20,002 Posts
you can print, click on files then print in firefox navigation menu. I also have no problem printing pdfs from firefox. You print from the document itself. When I open a pdf document in firefox there is a printer icon in the top right.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@ Corday -
Not quite. It does give an option to print-to-file and print/skip pages on a website, but without a preview of what shows up on each page, I can't tell which pages to print and not print because the website doesn't number the pages. For all I know, I'll be getting 30 pages of comments at the end.

· Team Manager, Microsoft Support
33,796 Posts
File>Print Preview shows pages and allows selection of which page (s) to print. The version of Windows in your profile is not current.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
File>Print Preview shows pages and allows selection of which page (s) to print. The version of Windows in your profile is not current.
I've had this PC for a while, I thought they were supposed to upgrade automatically?

I took a look at my settings. I changed it on my profile but the change doesn't show. Should read OS Build 19041.746

· Team Manager, Microsoft Support
33,796 Posts
You still don't have the latest version. Run Windows Update. Should be 19042 + 3 more numbers.

11,922 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
But I'm struggling. I've been using Chrome for ages and always liked it, but I've been getting more savvy on the whole tracking thing, plus the abuse of power by Facebook, Google, et al doesn't encourage keeping Chrome since it's a Google product.

What I like:
Facebook Container - I didn't know FB was tracking you even when you're not on it! I'm seriously considering dumping FB anyway.
It supports Roboform, I can't do w/o it.

What I don't like:
The right click menu when I'm on a web page. Too complicated! I often want to save information on a web site by saving it as a PDF. The right-click menu on Chrome made it easy. I could select "Print", then either save it as a PDF and choose which pages I wanted, or I could print it as is. FF doesn't give a Print option, it only gives the option to save the whole thing as HTML.
It doesn't support the Fakespot extension. I've been able to get around that by using the copy/paste method into Fakespot, but really prefer the extension.

If I could get the right-click menu while on a web page to work the same way it did on Chrome, that would help a great deal.
I used Firefox for years then after one of the Xfinity/comcast Email updates there were lots of problems. I called tech support and they said they don't support Firefox. That forced me to change to Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. Now the only problem is that most of the time you can't save to Draft. I called them about it. Sometimes the email appears at the bottom and you can go back to it but most of the time you loose what ever you started typing. That's why so many people have switched to G-mail or Hot mail.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you all for the feedback, but ultimately, I switched to Brave when I found out they also block Facebook off-site tracking, plus they let me use the right-click print the same way Chrome does.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.