Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Everyone,

This past summer I built my own computer and today I turned it on and the computer froze on the FOXCONN Logo screen (witch shows up on the screen before the bios and everything else.) I turn it off and on a couple of times but it would keep freezing on the logo screen. What I did then was open my computer and unplugged 2 of the fans to see if it was a the PSU. It did the same thing. So then I turned off the PSU unit and unplugged it wiped a little dust off the power cord. Plugged the power cord back into the PSU and turned on the PSU. Pressed the power button and it turned on just fine. However about three minutes after it was turned on I herd some static through the speakers and then there was no sound. So I turned off my computer again and opened it and found the SPDIF cable loose from the Video Card so I plugged that back into my VC and turned on my computer and everything worked.

So my question is was it the PSU or the SPDIF cable causing my computer to freeze?

here are my specks:
700W PSU unit
1TB HDD
2 2GB RAM DDR2
Intel Core QUAD Processor 2.8GHz
Nvidia GTX 260
FOXCONN Mother Board

Thanks for your time.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
What brand is the 700W PSU?
A GTX260 requires a minimum of 500W itself. If you're PSU is not a quality unit I would suspect it being the root of the problem.

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
It could very well be the dust causing an issue, did you clean the whole case with compressed air and made sure you got all heasinks and fans?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.