Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so here is the problem, have a printer setup on a network, a few computers connected to a server, printing works from all computers but 1, that one computer can locate the printer on the network and install the drivers for it. When I goto print a document or pic it shows that it is printing in word (small icon that says its sending) but in the systemtray no printer icon comes up and the printer does not recieve the job. If you have any suggestions please tell.

Thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
Have a look at the printer properties make sure that the printer is not marked offline.

Go to Start, Printers, then select the printer & right click select properties, is there a tick in print offline?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The printer is online, I can print to it from other computers on the network just not that one with the problem i mention above.

·
Registered
266 Posts
-. go to the pc that can't print,
-. uninstall the printer, (if it prompts you to remove drivers, say yes)
-. browse and connect again to the printer,

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Already tried that unfortunately :confused: and it finds the printer just fine installs it again just fine but still it cannot print to the printer. I know this doesnt make much sense its driving me up the wall. Thanks for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
266 Posts
>Control Panel >Printers >Add a Printer >Next
>Local printer attached to this computer
>(uncheck Automatically detect and install my PNP printer) >Next
>Create a new port >Standard TCP/IP port >Next >Next
>key in the "Printer Name or IP Address" and the "Port Name" >Next >Finish
>Choose manufacturer and model >Next >Choose a printer name >Next >Next >Next >Finish

see if it works that way.
we'll go from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.