Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have athlon 64 San Diego 3700. fsb 1g, L1 cache 64+64, L2 cache1 MB.

Chaintech VNF4 ultra MOBO, 1 gig corsair xms 400/3200. Nvidia 6800GT 256 pciE vid card. 160GB sata II hard drive.

When i run programs it is very slow to load information. And while MMO gaming, often lags and doesnt load and disconnects. (world of warcraft)

I dont think i have this machine set up correctly, but do not know where to start. When looking at system informtion, it lists:

frequency 2200.
L1 cache 256 mb
L2 cache 0

Also, this processor has HT, but the mobo has it set disabled. Should I enable it?

Is my memory not configured correctly? if not, how do I adjust the Cache?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
hmm.....sucks your computer is giving you problems since its a pretty good gaming machine.

what version of nvidia drivers are you using? have you tried uninstalling your current videocard drivers and installing another version? if not try that.

also dont forget to download "driver cleaner" from www.majorgeeks.com this program uninstall your current drivers if you wish to install a differ version. follow the instructions that comes with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply.

If I am reading this system information correctly, might the processor be bad? Would the incorrect video card version cause the processor caches to run at such a low level?

Is is possible to adjust the processor Cache through my computer tools? if so how do you do it?

Thanks again,

·
Registered
25,116 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am running an Aspire 520 watt PS.

I loaded and ran the Evergreen program you suggested, but dont knwo what to do with the information now?

What am I looking for?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Updated the drivers and replace the power supply, but the computer is still running funny.

when running the NVIDIA programs system diagnosis (that came with MOBO), it still seems to run kinda slow in regards to the memory.

So, i downloaded the everest and ran it. (it was suggested to run it HOT, but had to go to work, so these are idle numbers. I do not really know what I am looking for and wondered if you could tell me if something is wrong, memory settting are wrong, timings are off?? i just dont understand it. OR if there is a 3dmark program I should run instead to see if the computer is running as fast as it should be.

In the Everest program, it doesnt look like my memory is working as it is supposed to.

READ, WRITE and Latency tests seem to be off.

Any help or pointers would really be appreciated. (((Having trouble posting the everst results. so I will post just above this. If I am leaving anything out. let me know. thanks again.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.