Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ancient computer, with 133 MHz , and a SCSI CD-ROM and SCSI 2gb harddisk, Recently the harddsik refused to start, I guess the bad sectors have become too many, so i got another an ide one.
I took the scsi-controller out and put the other harddisk in. However, I get the no-system-mesage, when the jumper ist at the most right side, and the harddisk is not detected in the bios, and when i move the jumper to the other 3 possibillities, the computer won't start. :dead:
i used to get the same problem, when i tried to change the scsi cdrom with a normal one.
can anyone help me? how can i fix it and make it work? :confused:
thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but if i move the jumper, the computer won't start at all, i can hear only the noise of the verntilators, the monitor remains black

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
How big is this hard drive? The BIOS of most of those systems can't handle more than a 6GB hard drive.

Also, are you sure you don't have the cable in backwards? When I accidently did this on my old computer, it wouldn't even POST.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The harddisk is of 4Gb. And the cable is in with the red line on the right hand side. The ventillators are functioning, but no bios starts, i get only a black screen. Only if i switch the jumper on CS, then the computer starts , but no hard disk is regocnised.
i've got another question - supposing i get the hard disk working, can i switch the scsi one as a slave, so that i can get the data from it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.