Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use Charter email via Outlook express and I have been experiencing problems with email attachments. What i have been doing is scanning documents, sending them to My Documents, and then clicking on them as attachments. My most recent attempt today resulted in what the recipient described as a bunch of small letters. Am I using the wrong format?

I also experienced problems with emailing homemade videos. The recipient more than once said the attachments were labeled as "infected". Is this a Charter email problem?

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
Once you scan your document and save it. Open the document to see if it is the right size before attaching it to an Email and sending it. As for attachments, Charter and probably your recipients Email program block attachments because they might be recognized as possible viruses. Try zipping the attachment before sending, zipped files are usually accepted by most Email providers.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ran a little test where I mailed from my Charter account to another provider and all I got was this gobbledy **** that looked like alphanumeric hieroglyphics. I might add that I chose "scan picture" vs. "scan document". And the image was jpeg.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.