Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I successfully installed and played MVP Baseball 2005 and Madden 2006. However, suddenly, everytime i try to start the game it gives a black screen to startup, then just returns to Win (XP) without any error message. This problem happened before with Uefa 2004-2005 after weeks of playing it with no problems. I reinstalled windows and the problem seemed to go away, until now. The thing that annoys me is that I had been playing these games fine for a long time and then suddenly i get this problem. What can I do other than reinstall windows, which is a pain in the ***. Nothing has changed on my system from the day it worked, to the day it stopped working. I don't even shut down my computer.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
If nothing's changed on your PC, no new hardware or software upgrades and it's left on all the time, the only thing I can think of is overheating. Switch off to let it cool down, then take the side panel off the PC case and point a desk fan inside. If it is a heat problem, this might allow you to at least start the game until it crashes again as the heat builds up. Sorry I can't be of more help, but try this until you get some more replies.

Post back with your system specs (graphics card, motherboard, CPU, PSU) and your directX and driver versions.

·
Registered
462 Posts
one word

Drivers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.