Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently bought a LCD 30'' monitor for TV and PC use. After about 20 minutes of use a vertical white stripe/bar along the whole left screen side will appear (about 2 pixels wide). It is static once it appears however can be corrected temporarily for another 20 minutes by changing screen format (wide to normal and back for instance). If not corrected after a while a similar white bar will appear horizontally on top of the screen and eventually a vertical one on the right side.

I have tried to remove the LCD from any disturbing electrical sources in case of interference, however the problem still arises. What can be done? Is this a solvable problem?

Thankful for any input
Bex

·
Registered
376 Posts
What brand and model LCD?

Does this happen both when it's a monitor and when it's tuning into TV? This could narrow down whether it's simply the input or if it's the LCD itself.

Does this happen when it's plugged into the wall socket on its own as well as when it's hooked into its normal surge protector? Does your surge protector have a filter on it to eliminate interference that comes in through the powerlines? This could help determine if it's a power issue or not. This was bought in Europe and is configured for European power, correct?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes! It is sold in and for the European market. The same problem occurs both when the video input is used or the PC input so it is not an input problem. I also removed it to another room where it could have it's own power supply but the same problem occured, perhaps however it could be in the electrical net? The thing is that I have now recieved another one, all new, and the same problem occurs. Either it is a major "baby" problem for a new product or there is something very wrong in my flat...

It is an LG MW-30LZ10 30'' LCD monitor with PIP function.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Are you plugging it into the wall, or into a surge protector? Try both ways. Many good surge protectors have an EMI filter bult-in that eliminates interference from the power lines. I assume you've already got a good surge protector to protect your system with, though.

I'm not familiar with the 30" LCD products, although I do have a nice 19" LCD. If it's not bad wiring in your flat and not a problem in this product, there has to be some sort of radio interference around where you live.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your response, I have finally recieved an explanation from LG. The monitor has a standardized graphic card for resolution 1280*768 however a 16:9 TV-format has 1280*760. as I understand it, software can fix this inevitable problem that only becomes a problem when you want to use the monitor for TV. Their new model is adapted for TV use so I guess the solution is to recieve that one instead. And Dragonath, it is a lovely screen... you should get one, highly recommended. By the way, what image does LG have in the US?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.