Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anybody know how to put a workable WinXp, or Linux on a sata HD Samsung (model HD161HJ), with an ASUS K8N MoBo.
I´ve tried several config with no success.
Even i get installed Win XP, after all procedure, at boot, I get a message tell me to put a valid bootable media.(???!!) I´ve just finished to install it!!
Sata samsung was jumped to work as sata 1, yet no success.

Any hint?

tnx.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, i´ve tried put winxp using the f6 prompt...it reads floppy, ok. After basic components installation it access floppy again, and a msg comes up, saying tha it is not possible read file. Floppy is ok, I did this action with the same floppy, and at that point a error occurs.
I´ll try it again next weekend (the 3d), but another tip is welcome...
thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the main problem is that I cnat get I bootable WinXP on that HD. As a simple mass storage, a second disk, goes fine.
But my first disk is an IDE 80 Gb.
Even I unplug the IDE HD, the same problem appears.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I read the manual about installing sata hd (and search other forums too), and it says to set sata enable in bios. I did it. There was other posts saying to set enable Raid. I did it too.
Nothing seems to work.
I really dont know what goes on here.
As I said on my last posts, I´ll try it again, begining from the zero, with no IDE HD, like I had a brand new machine, just waiting for setup and run.
Maybe try Ubuntu. My last version is a 7.04.
Another choice may be use a boot manager, with linux, from IDE HD, and WinXp on sata... I dont know..

thanks anyway...

·
Premium Member
77,999 Posts
set the drive to run in ide mode
if the port you have plugged into is capable of raid you need to load the raid driver to enable the port
or plug into a no raid port

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.