Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to uninstall CounterSpy from add\ remove programs but I keep getting a error message when attempting to uninstall.

“WINDOWS INSTALLER
The feature you are trying to use is on a network Resource that is unavailable. Click ok to try again or enter a alternate path to a folder containing the instillation package ‘CounterSpy.msi’ in the box below”

In the box below is
“C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Installations\{F92551F4-2768-40EC-921D-FB7970083DBB}\”

I click ok and get a error message saying

“WINDOWS INSTALLER
The path “C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Installations\{F92551F4-2768-40EC-921D-FB7970083DBB}\”
Cannot be found. Verify that you have access to this location and try again, or try to find the installation Package ‘CounterSpy.msi’in a folder which you can install the product Counterspy.
I put the Counterspy disk in drive D and typed “D:\Counterspy.msi” and get another error message.

“The file is not a valid instillation package for the product counterspy. Try to find the installation package ‘Counterspy.msi’ in a folder from which you can install counterspy.”

When I put the counterspy CD in and chose brows and click on the CD there is only a folder called “Bin” which has noting in it? I also have “Easy CD creator” in the Add/Remove programs that gives me the same problem when I try to uninstall..
I tried to install Counterspy over again and it would not let me.” A later version of ‘Counterspy” is already installed on this machine. The setup cannot continue.”
Counterspy tech support has tried to help me but after 3 e-mails they said return it for a refund.Counterspy is in the add/remove programs but it is not in the list of programs when I click start then programs. I want to know how to get rid of COUNTERSPY & EASY CD CREATOR from the ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS?
Thanks in advance.

Pat…

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.