Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello.
( if this isnt a Harddrive problem i appologize for posting in the wrong forum)

Ive recently upgraded my whole system, the only thing i kept from my old system was my 160gb seagate harddrive. The hard drive still has not been cleared so im trying reformat but its not working. I put the XP home disk in my drive and it boots to my windows setup screen, at the bottom of the screen it displays the various files its loading, once it gets to "Setup is Starting windows" i get an error saying:
"a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time youve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen apears again follow these steps:

check for viruses on your computer remove any newly installed drives or drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is propperly configured and terminated. Run CHK/f to check for hard drive corruption to check for hard drive corruption.

Technical information
*** STOP 0x0000007b - 0xf78d663c, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000 "

ADDITIONAL: My windows Boot disk is the only disk that will boot. i have a WipeDrive disk that wont start and my Motherboard disk wont start either.

· Registered
25,231 Posts
sounds to me like you dont have the bios set right to accomplish what you want to do

I'll bet your current bios is set to boot from the hard drive before CD rom drive

you will need to change your boot order to floppy drive first boot >>>>> cd-rom 2nd boot device >>>>> hard drive 3rd boot device

then when it boot it will see the CD-rom drive

are you aware you can repair your windows install after changing motherboards ?????
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

if you desire to perfrom a clean install >>>>> then follow Freddy's lead (boot n nuke)

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I fixxed the problem :)

Turns out i had to have the CD drive and the harddrive plugged into the same IDE cable. OOPS. i overlooked that.

thanks again :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.