Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to create a VCD or a DVD of my holiday. ive got the movie files onto the computer and they are perfect quality. Ive edited the movies in windows movie editer and still, the movies are in perfect quality, but when i transfer them to disc as a VCD, the quality is reduced dramatically. this is done via nero. Am i doing something wrong or am i using the wrong types of programs. can anyone help. Cheers

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope, but ive tried a few other programs from the internet and the quality is even worse than what is produced with nero

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
you need to try and make an SVCD...VCD is basically low kwality...SVCD is pretty much the best you will get if you are limited to burning to a CD which you want to play in a standalone DVD player...I am surprised that you don't have a DVD burner, as that is the only way you are going to retain the original state of your videos

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i do have a dvd burner but it is trying to get the avi files to a dvd format. Thats the problem

·
Registered
147 Posts
I use Nero as well and have never that that problem. Hmm, what format are you movie files in? If they're AVI, I don't see why the quality would lower. I've seen VCDs that have excellent quality. Your only other choice SVCD or DVD. Do you have DVD burning software? If you do, it should convert them automatically to burn.

What version of Nero do you have? Get the latest and it might fix the problem.

Also, if your using window movie maker, that my be a problem. If your editing movies, WMM is probably one of the worst tools to use, in my opinion.

CMA

(PS Are you saying that the problem is: the burner is turning the avi files to dvd format and lowering the quality? I couldn't quite understand your last post.)

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
if you are looking for dvd quality, you aren't going to find it.

what is the resolution of the movie files before you vcd them?

i've made many many vcd's and the quality is just not good.

it's not even as good as VHS.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ive used WMM to inport the movies from the video camera. I dont know if that is the correct program to use, but it has saved them as an avi file. Is this the correct File Format. The reason why ive imported them into WMM is so that i can edit them. The resolution of the movies when i import them into nero is 352 x 288 on a 16:9 ratio and thr format is PAL. Is there any way of getting the resolution higher? In the SVCD mod eof nero, the resolution is greater, it goes to 480 x 576.

For any of you that didnt understand me last time... The avi files (movies) on the hard drive are perfect quality (but i cant find out what the resolution of the Avi files are on the comptuer), even after editing the files, the quality is still perfect, but when i put the Avi files on to a VCD Via Nero, the quality is reduced and the movie is grainy, slightly pixellated and busy.

im using the 6.X at the moment

cheers

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
oh the camera that im using is a sony DC39E. can anyone reconmend a decent movie editing program.

The resolution of the video file (avi) on the computer is W: 720 H: 576. The frames per second are 25 and the bit rate is 30336 Kbps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.