Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I have a wire edm (CNC machine tool) that has a HMI consisting of an internally mounted pc running windows NT.

This machine has the ability to be accessed via a wired network to load G-code programs to be run.

We have not been able to get it to work. Although the computers on our peer network seem to recognize that the machine is connected to the network, a windows security dialog box that shows up on my computer screen appears
to be keeping me from accessing the machine tool. We have a machine from the same model line from the same manufacturer that we have had for 15 years and it has always worked fine. It also runs windows NT. I had an ex employee who is very good with this type of thing come in and he is stumped. We parted on good terms and I have every reason to believe he was putting forth his best effort.

The machine tool manufacturer has tried to help with no result so far.

Any help would be accepted and appreciated. I know more information will be needed and I will gladly do me best to supply whatever is requested.

Thanks!

DC2!

·
Team Manager - Networking , Moderator - Micros
4,229 Posts
When you say Windows NT do you mean the old version of Windows before Windows 2000?
What is the error message you're seeing on your PC?
How exactly do you access the CNC machine over your network?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fred, Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I do mean windows NT. I checked before responding.

This is the message I get on my PC. The machine is named 240CC. The word "setup" is there because that is one of the things the manufacturer had me try. If I click on More Choices I get the opportunity to enter a username and a password.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

The machine shows up on our peer network and files can be copied to and from the machine just like one would with anything else that is shared on the network.
Smile Rectangle Font Screenshot Magenta

I have other machines that use RS232 communications. Those machines do not have an internal PC.

I hope this answers your questions. I will gladly answer and others you may have.

Thanks again!

DC2!

·
Team Manager - Networking , Moderator - Micros
4,229 Posts
OK, the network credentials screen that pops up is just asking for the username and password of the Windows user account on the 2400cc computer.
Is the username on the 2400cc PC named "Setup"? If not, select "More Choices" then enter the correct username and password. Optionally, you can also put a check in the box to remember those username credentials so you don't have to enter them again in the future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts