Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2012, which i purchased back in November. I have never had any problems with it, until yesterday when i learned that i have been infected with the Trojan.Win32.Generic virus. I have not downloaded anything recently, and cannot delete the file as apparently it is critical to the running of the PC, i can't quarantine it and when i attempt "Fix" it just continues to load.

The computer is now running incredibly slow as you might expect, and i can no longer use Google through either IE or Firefox as it is unresponsive, it seems you cannot enter any new URL's, though bizarrely Facebook and Twitter still work fine (as they are saved to my favourites toolbar).

I have searched the net using my phone to solve this issue and have thus far not found a definitive, clear solution. I cannot put the computer into safe mode as when i push F8 as the PC starts it takes me to a blue screen that asks whether i would like to boot "Network, Hard Disk or CD Rom" I have tried to boot all of them, but they all just take me to my desktop as usual.

I cannot download any programmes, at least not directly as i obviously have no access to the internet. I was advised to use a program called "MalwareBytes" which i installed from a disc, that discovered 25 malicious viruses (worryingly).

I am using my work computer currently to try and get this sorted quickly. If anyone has any experience in this issue, or can offer any help or assistance whatsoever, i would massively appreciate it.

Best Regards
Keiran

·
TSF Security Manager, Emeritus
42,836 Posts
Hello Keiran,

Our apologies for the oversight of your thread. Do you still require assistance?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.