Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Norton says i have the vundo.b virus but i downloaded a removal program that says i dont have the virus..i got a permnant window on my screen that says its there..the window says that C:\WINDOWS\system32\vturs.dll is the virus but i cant delete it..HELP i dont know how to fix it..if any one can tell me how to fix it, it would be very much appreciated..

·
TSF Security Team, Emeritus
6,962 Posts
Hi and Welcome to TSF

Before attacking an adware/spyware problem with hijackthis make sure you have already run the following tools. Download and update the databases on each program before running.

Also make sure you are using the the latest version (1.99.1) of HijackThis and it's installed in it's own folder on the root drive. (C:\HJT)

Once you complete those steps...download hijackhtis...do a scan, save the file and post it here.

*Note* Thread moved to the correct forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trojan

i ran all of the programs but there is a very long five page report from hijack..should i post the whole report?

·
TSF Security Manager, Emeritus
52,197 Posts
I can't imagine a HJT log being that long.....be sure to use these instructions:

Double click on HijackThis.exe to run the program.

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Post the hijackthis.log file in the HijackThis Log Help forum. Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.

If it is that long, and won't fit due to forum limitations, attach the file using the Manage Attachments button on the reply page.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.