Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is getting very annoying. Every 20 minutes or so, about 5 of the same little error messages popup at once. If i have no windows open, the desktop disappears then reappears. Each one is titled RUNDLL, and says:

Error loading C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\comkey.dll
Access is denied.

I press Ok for all of them, and they go away, but just popup again in about 20 minutes. I used Avast! antivirus program, and it found a Trojan Horse. The warning said that the malware name was Win32:Trojano-2502 [Trj] and it gave the file name as C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\comkey.dll. The problem is that when i try to delete it or move it to the Avast! chest, it says it is being used by the memory. I seemed to delete it once, but it came back. I think this is really slowing up my computer, and my computer has been crashing a few times. Any ideas how i can figure out whats going on. Are there any better programs i could use

·
Henry
3,490 Posts
Follow the instructions in my signature for HijackThis

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
jraidrz150 said:
Ok this is getting very annoying. Every 20 minutes or so, about 5 of the same little error messages popup at once. If i have no windows open, the desktop disappears then reappears. Each one is titled RUNDLL, and says:

Error loading C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\comkey.dll
Access is denied.

I press Ok for all of them, and they go away, but just popup again in about 20 minutes. I used Avast! antivirus program, and it found a Trojan Horse. The warning said that the malware name was Win32:Trojano-2502 [Trj] and it gave the file name as C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\comkey.dll. The problem is that when i try to delete it or move it to the Avast! chest, it says it is being used by the memory. I seemed to delete it once, but it came back. I think this is really slowing up my computer, and my computer has been crashing a few times. Any ideas how i can figure out whats going on. Are there any better programs i could use
alright your problem is that the trojan horse is being used.

go to the Task Manager and find Comkey in Processes and end it. and if you cant find it then its operating under a diferent name and i can't help you any further.

Avast! is good, but for some reason the one on my XP isn't working properly... I know that I have a horse but the Avast! can't find it...

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Follow Henry's advice and post a HJT log in the security section where they will help you to remove this trojan and possibly others, and show you how to clean your system thoroughly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.