Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am new to this site and have found some interesting things on here and I thank you all so much, now down to my problem, Some how the Trojan.elitebar has gotten past my Nortons and attached itself into other files that Norton wont touch. I have tried to remove this trojan many times and Norton's tells me its gone but then it shuts down my system. It has taken away my desktop and wont let me put anything on it, my system restore and recovery no longer work along with a few other programs. I have tried to download and install both hijackthislog, and spy bot s&d it wont let me do it, I get half way through the process and my system crashes. I have also tried to go into safe mode and it lets me but wont let me on the internet or run some applications, HELP I have no idea what to do. If anyone out there has any suggestions for me I would be for ever greatful.

Shorty

·
TSF Security Team, Emeritus
26,363 Posts
HijackThis should be able to run in Safe Mode.

If you're able to get a log from there, we would have a starting point ot work with.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow finally something got done, safemode finally let me get a log from hijackthis. should I post it here or somewhere else? Thanks for your suggestion had to try it 10 times but I finally got one thing to work, maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel after all.....

shorty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.