Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible for me to set up a 7800GT so that the TV and primary monitor are cloned and the monitor on the second DVI is the secondary screen

·
Registered
696 Posts
Not with only the 7800.. You would have to get a tv tuner card or something similar.. To get triple or quad tv's connected you have to get into something like the fire wire video cards and those are pricey and they are not made for gaming mostly business apps..

·
Premium Member
4,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well i have this trident 8MB im using right now. Could i clone the TV and LCD on the 78 then use the trident for the CRT? Aint no way i'd game on a CRT anymore anyways, wouldnt need much for a shader model..but then I wonder if the IRQ's would agree. If they do agree and both work, windows would let me switch around adapters on the interface to select what does what, right?

·
Registered
696 Posts
You could try it.. Wont hurt anything.. And I would not worry about the IRQ's as it will probably be on the same one anyway..

I have never done it, but I know it can be done on a regular video card/card's (beside the firewire cards for business that have 4 monitors on one card.. ALso you can buy something like a splitter (they are around 20 bucks) this will allow it easier..

And yes Windows will let you switch interfaces to let you decide what does what..

·
Premium Member
4,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could try it.. Wont hurt anything.. And I would not worry about the IRQ's as it will probably be on the same one anyway..

I have never done it, but I know it can be done on a regular video card/card's (beside the firewire cards for business that have 4 monitors on one card.. ALso you can buy something like a splitter (they are around 20 bucks) this will allow it easier..

And yes Windows will let you switch interfaces to let you decide what does what..
well i have 2 PCI tridents right now..but theres another unreplied to thread about that..IRQ conflicts or something.

I was looking at that, getting a DVI splitter (if they exist, i know they do for VGA) and using a DVI-I to svid/composite adapter for the TV and have the LCD on the other brank

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.