Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably one of my biggest fears is posting in the wrong place,but here goes. The other day i booted Ubuntu 11.10 INSIDE my windows seven for simplicity sake. Now I guess Im being greedy and would like to double boot windows Vista into the group. I have plenty of space on the HD. But i dont know just how to accomplish this or if its even possible. I do know, however, that yall are a pretty sharp bunch and im asking for help in doing this. Any takers? id greatly appreciate any help and or caveats. Sincerely,tintorerra!:whistling:

·
TSF Enthusiast
1,292 Posts
Hi-

By "inside" windows, did you use Wubi? or a virtual machine (such as VirtualBox or VMWare).

Also, yes, it is possible. you can technically have infinite, however, things become complicated after 3/4 OSs.

Just so i can get an idea of what your setup is, please go to disk management (Start --> right-click "computer" --> "manage" --> in left hand pane: "disk managment") and take a screenshot of it. to do that, press "printscreen" ("Prt Scr" on your keyboard) then open up MS paint and paste the image. save it and attach it to your next post.

Regards,

Mark

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i used Wubi to get ubuntu into my hard drive without partitioning the drive. for some reason i cant get my screenshot function to take an image of the disk managemant page much less ms paint paste it in!!! thats a big mystery to me! any idea what might be wrong with prnt scrn?

·
TSF Enthusiast
1,292 Posts
Hi-

Sorry but, do you mean that you got the problem solved, or that you know how to post the picture of disk management?

Regards,

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.