Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Western Digital 2tb hard drive and I want to transfer my DVD's to it. The problem I'm having is with my tv DVD's. I'm using 'DVDfab 8' and it's giving me a hell of a time. I wanted to keep everything in DVD format to keep the quality on the hard drive. When I try to copy the whole disc over to the hard drive, it does it but the episodes don't start and stop where they're supposed too. This makes it hard for me to watch certain episodes. I would love to just open up the file and see the menu like I would if I put a DVD in my DVD player, then just select which episode to watch by scrolling through it. Is there a program that could do this for me to give the quality I'm looking for? I'm also using the Western Digital media player to watch these on my tv.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
there was only one program that I know that could do it but after a year long court battle with the mpaa, the US courts ruled it illegal to use because it violated the dmca. The program was pulled from the market.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. What could I use to get the best quality possible then? Is there some format that looks better then others? I tried avi but the quality was sub par. Is there anything anybody can recommend?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.