Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I just finally got my desktop PC fixed and after I installed firefox it hit me what an incredible pain it would be to to bookmark all the pages I have bookmarked in firefox on my laptop (literally like 70-80 I would say). Is there a way to transfer my bookmarks I have on my laptop to my desktop? Perhaps all bookmarks are stored in one file or something ( I looked and found nothing). I also tried using MozBackup to backup my laptop profile and I didn't know which file in the Mozbackup folder was the backup so I installed the program on my desktop and replaced the folder with the contents of the same folder from my laptop-no luck.

Thanks

Jeff

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
To save your bookmarks to a file
  • click bookmarks
  • organize bookmarks
  • file
  • export
  • save the file to the location of your choice

Transfer the file however you would like to your other computer: flash drive, cd, email, ect...

Next on the computer that you wish to add the bookmarks to follow the same steps except instead of export select import then from file

That should transfer over the bookmarks.

Incidentally you should treat your bookmarks like any other import file and make backups every once in a while like burning them to cd.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.