Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old Windows XP computer has 'died' and so I purchased a new PC with Windows 7 installed. I used Outlook on my old PC and backed up my .pst file. I want to use Windows Live Mail but I cannot find a way of transferring my emails, contacts and calendar folders over to Windows Live Mail - it does not import .pst files. Because my old computer is broken I cannot convert the data into Outlook Express .dbx format.

Does anyone know how I can get round this problem?

·
Premium Member
8,371 Posts
try using thunderbird its a good client for email

you should have a trail version of outlook - set that up to use outlook Microsoft Outlook 2010 - Email and calendar software - Office.com
Sometimes PCs come with a full version of msoffice - including outlook - although recently they have changed to started edition without a lot of programs included

now install thunderbird Thunderbird - Software made to make email easier
thunderbird should see outlook as the default client and ask if you want to import all the email, contact etc

I have tried on 2003 and a trail of 2007 and this has worked really well in the past to migrate uses

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. However, I would prefer to find a way of transferring my emails, calendar and contacts to WIndows Live Mail.

·
Premium Member
8,371 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.