Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have TP-Link Wifi Adapter (Model: TP-WN821N).

Since I do not have a CD ROM in my PC, I went to download the driver from TP-Link site. It was asking me for the version of the adapter (which i am not sure where to find). Hence I downloaded the latest version (V6).

I clicked on the setup file. A Pop-up window came up searching for my adapter.

Result: ADAPTER NOT FOUND.

There is no firewall protection. Adapter is perfectly connected to the port. I even tried various versions that are available in their site. But nothing is working.

I am not sure what to do here. I am badly in need of this network adapter right now.

Someone please help me on this issue.

· Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
44,616 Posts
With the adapter in, Press the Windows key+X and choose Device Manager. If there is a yellow flag next to a device referring to TP-Link or USB, Right click it and Uninstall it. Now remove the TP-Link adapter. Right click any device and choose Scan For Hardware Changes, No yellow flags should appear, Now run the driver install, during the setup, it will ask to plug in your adapter, do not plug it in until it asks. If it does not ask, at the end of the driver install, plug it in, the software should find it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.