Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm in the market for a new video card and I've got some hard choices to make.

Lets start off with my current system specs.
1.25g DDR RAM
Athlon 64 3400+
Asus K8V SE
220g HD space
Radeon 9600 AIW pro

So basicaly I'm happy with everything I have but my video card but since most new cards are PCI-E I'm gonna have to get a new motherboard at the same time.

So, my choices:
nVidia 7800 GT
Radeon X1800 (I dont know much about these yet)
Duel nVidia 6600 GT (somthing like this http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1237232&CatId=1181)

Currently I have about 1000$ CND I could push to get something as much as 1,500$ CND but that would be the most I could dish out.

So from the choices I've laid out there what do you think would be the best choice for me? (I do a lot of gaming and I need to be ready for Oblivion ^_^)

Or if you think I would be better off with something else. Please let me know what you think, Thanks ^^

...the mother board will be a topic for another day.\

Edit: Also if you could give me any recomendations on where to buy I would be very greatful.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I've always wondered how these do for gaming... they hype them up for CAD and 3d imaging with design and engineering, probably don't have the instructions for hella-gaming tho. *shrug*

As of now, that's 970 something Canadian dollars.

·
Registered
209 Posts
there not that good, the entire point of those things is for full screen anti aliasing and stuff. basicly it can render things like mad, but it doesnt like directX much...

x800 is a solid choice, good performance, top of the line other then its not shader 3.0.
if you wanted that computer to last for a LONG time. ide go with the 7800gt or any geforce 6.

i bought a 6200 cuz my brother and i are going to colledge soon... this things gotta last till the end of 32 bit... at your budget, dont get a 6200, i tweaked it aton and it still sucks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.