Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a keyboard replacement on an HP Pavillion laptop. Now the touchpad does not show up in device manager, and installing new drivers does not connect it either.
The connection looks fine in my opinion, and trying a different touchpad did not solve the issue either.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did a keyboard replacement on an HP Pavillion laptop. Now the touchpad does not show up in device manager, and installing new drivers does not connect it either.
The connection looks fine in my opinion, and trying a different touchpad did not solve the issue either.
The laptop is an HP Pavilion model number 14m-dh1001dx
And the operating system is windows 10. I believe it is 2h20, but I'm not really sure what that means.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
31,435 Posts
Start by running Windows Update. The OS is out of date.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't believe I had missed that. That was it, it fixed the issue on one of the laptops. The other I am just writing off as potential liquid damage. It's not detecting the trackpad at all and we replaced it with a new one. So I'm just gonna cut my losses and save myself a LOT OF STRESS.

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,027 Posts
I'd guess the damage was done when replacing the keyboard, you almost always have to unplug the trackpad for that operation. That would be the first thing I'd check.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts