Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Packard bell notebook that has touchpad problem.

at first the was windows 8 were the touchpad was working well but when i installed window 10 by formatting the pc its not working. I tried to download drivers from different website and try to install different windows again but only for windows 7 which is working. i don't know now what to do as all just failing. The model number is MS2397, ENTG71BM-C8J0.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
26,502 Posts
Try just uninstalling the driver and restarting. Hopefully a default driver in Windows 10 will work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried all of uninstall on device manager but still its not working. i tried to install synaptic mousepad even the one on packard bell website but all not fixing. the synoptic Ps/2 port touchpad is missing and i try by searching and i end up failed all.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
26,502 Posts
You said you tried downloading from different websites. That's a bad idea. The only place to get drivers for this device is: Support Download

·
Registered
40,774 Posts
If you downloaded the latest driver from this web site Support Download Type or paste your model # in (ie) EN TG71BM and it's still not working, but it was working for the previous version of Windows, then Roll Back to Windows 8, if that still works, then that is the OS you will have to run to make the trackpad work. If it doesn't work in Windows 8 either, then the hardware has failed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.