Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
My wife has a Toshiba laptop, about a year old, it has always been a little sluggish, so decided to restore it to factory specs using the discs that came with it.

after formating and reinstalling everything, an issue arose with the video, a couple times a day the ati graphics driver gets caught in an infinite loop. it says to try and update the driver from ATI's website, which I did, and it still happens. The screen reverts to 640x 480 size and 256 colors, I have to reboot to get it back to normal...
any idea's?
Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also wanted to mention, something else it does is randomly reboots, this also started after the reformat.... very unnerving!

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Did it come with the OS CD? You may want to consider a full wipe of the drive. Also, when installing new drivers it's wise to first remove the old ones.

Uninstall->reboot->Install->reboot. It's tedious but worth the effort.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes it came with the OS cd, that is what started all this mess, I used the toshiba restore disk, thats when these symptoms started... I did a full system restore, including format...
Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
1 Posts
same issue seen on my Toshiba Satellite A60

tried downloading and installing the latest drivers from ATI and MS Update but neither resolved the issue.

How was your issue finally resolved ?

Thanks in advance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.