Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toshiba 1.8Ghz laptop
4 GB RAM (recent upgrade to memory 2x1GB, machine only sees 3GB, I can't find the cause, any advice most welcome)
160 GB HDD
Windows XP Media Center sp3

I recently 'cleaned' this computer and upgraded the memory. I left it with Eset running and it seemed fine until a 14 yr old nephew spent one session on it. When I heard about it, the browser was hanging without connecting. System control soon degraded to the point where Windows loads but that is it. Task mgr, file explorer, start button, browser... nothing works. Disk activity is evident but 'it' will not release the machine even after sitting off the ethernet wire for a substantial time after loading the OS. Safe mode available but 'it' blocks the run of Malwarebytes (though the app will load into memory). The only scans I could run were from within safe mode. not sure how useful that may be but RSIT outputs attached. I have DDS scan from safe mode I will place under separate post.

Best advice about next step please. Thank you for taking this under advisement. :4-dontkno

Attachments

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Hello

As per forum rules:

MULTIPLE POSTING

This refers to posting the same question or same replies in multiple areas of the site (also called flooding). Please only post only once. If you feel you have posted in the wrong forum, contact a Moderator or Manager, who will move the post for you. This also includes the creation of multiple new threads on the same or similar topics and sending PM's continuously to one or more Staff members.
As you have already created another thread which you are receiving help in http://www.techsupportforum.com/f100/solved-odg-olmarik-hc-375832.html

And as such, this thread is closed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.