Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

This has been happening a lot, when I turn on my laptop nothing happens, it is getting power no problem but doesn't do anything..BIOS..Anything at all

Very annoying because then I lose the work I have open, when I turn it off it goes into hibernation, but sometimes this happens even when it was fully shutdown.

Thakns for any help

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I'm sorry, which is it?

You stated when you power it on, nothing happens and in the next sentence you state its annoying because then I lose work I have open.

when it is on, and you tell it to turn off it goes into hibernation, but sometimes it happens even when it is fully shutdown.

Totally confused, can you break down the issues with a bit more detail.

Whats happening and when

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey,

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Sorry, I was trying to find the settings on the laptop, maybe it is going into sleep mode, not hibernation?

When it turns back on, windows is restarting and I login and have everything I was working on.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Still, can you give more details as to the actual problem(s) you are having

If you put the machine in sleep mode or Hibernation, it should come back to where you left it, but many machines don't do this well, and depending on if it is hibernate or Sleep, it will skip the Bios. This is by design.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It turns on, lights on but blank screen, nothing else at all happens.

It doesn't do 1 thing..

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I say blank, the screen does come on, it just doesn't show anything and I can hear that the CPU isn't trying to load or do anything.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
turn off the laptop. take battery out as well as unplug the power cord to ensure that no power source is connected to the computer.

hold and press the power button of the laptop for 5-6 seconds.

then turn on the laptop on with both battery and adapter plugged in and see if it makes any difference.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No problem, doing some work right now so I have to finish that.

What would that do technically? Would this be a Windows or Satellite problem?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
What would that do technically? Would this be a Windows or Satellite problem?
My only response to that would be Yes...

This happens on alot of Laptops, so that may make you think windows but there are plenty of laptops out there that never have this issue.

My post above though is specific to Toshiba, to reset the hibernation / sleep mode.

If this laptop comes up, disable the hibernation / sleep mode options in control panel, reboot and reenable them, that will delete the hibernate file and recreate it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.