Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I click the power button when my computer is off, the light turns on, a few LED's on the front turn on, the CD drive makes the noise like it's starting up, but then it just freezes and the screen doesn't light up. I have to hold the power button in for 3 seconds to restart the laptop and try it again. If i do this like 10 times it will sometimes power on and function properly until I close my laptop again. It seems like it has to be warmed up or something?

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
When you are trying to turn it on are there any bleeps or do any lights flash in any kind of sequence ?

A couple of things you could try and that is a cold boot and/or resetting the BIOS.

A cold boot is when you remove the battery and the AC power cord then hold the power button in for 40 secs - 1min.

This is how to reset the BIOS for your A665 How to Reset BIOS Password on a Toshiba Satellite - YouTube

Have you tried booting up with just AC and the battery removed ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about the late reply. Lately it has been working until today. It wouldn't start up again. I tried removing the battery and plugging in the AC cord but no luck. Still has the same problem. The DVD drive makes a sound and you can hear the internals starting up but after about 3 seconds it's just silent. I'll try the cold boot and see if that works. Will I lose any pictures, programs, videos or anything?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I read about possible HDD problems. I haven't had any trouble saving/accessing documents or any kind of functional problems once my computer has started to run. It's almost like it just takes a little bit to warm up by turning it on and off until it works. Could it be motherboard issues?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.