Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I'm a new user and I'm so glad I found this site. I've read some of the threads and I see some really awesome work here:pray:. This is the problem I'm having: my Toshiba laptop is dead. It's been gone for a few months now and I don't know where my waranty is or if I can even still use it. One day my roommate was using my laptop and although it was plugged in with the power cord she kept seeing low battery. We tried all the power outlets in the house and weren't able to get it to charge. Now the laptop will not respond at all. There aren't any lights coming on and I don't hear anything, it's just cold plastic. It's a Toshiba that I bought really cheap for about $800 sometime is 2006. If needed I can supply what I think are contributing factors to the problem. Thanks for reading.

·
TSF - Enthusiast
15,298 Posts
The model number should be somewhere on the laptop screen or look at the sticker

under the bottom. Could be a number of things, bad ac adapter, battery, or the power

jack that is usually soldered to the motherboard.

Will the system power on if you remove the battery and run with ac adapter?

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
No power/no startup via battery or AC adapter? Have you checked output of AC adapter? How about using a spare/good/working battery? If you have already done these, then try the steps here:

Try to:
  • Startup on battery only
  • Startup on AC only

If symptoms persist or if this has been done...

Try the steps below:

1. Power OFF the computer
  2. Remove the battery
  3. Unplug AC
  4. Press and hold Power ON button for 30 secs. at least
  5. Put back the battery
  6. Plug back AC
  7. Power ON as normal

If the same thing happens...
  1. Take it apart/Disassemble the laptop...
  2. Remove the rest, except RAM, mobo, LCD and power ON switch
  3. Power ON using adapter

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much for your suggestions. I'm going to try them all expect taking my laptop apart. If I've tried all your suggestions and haven't had any result I'll take it to a pc repair shop. I found the model number: Satellite A105-s2101 Model No. PSAA5U-01300Q. Sorry it's taken me so long to reply, I haven't had internet access. I think there might be an issue with the AC adapter but I will try replacing the battery. Do either of you know the average battery life for the model that I have?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've tried plugging the powercord in without the battery and there still aren't any changes. Considering that result is it safe to assume I'm not having an issue with the battery?

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
I've tried plugging the powercord in without the battery and there still aren't any changes. Considering that result is it safe to assume I'm not having an issue with the battery?
Yes, it could be a good battery after all (may be it just needs some charge). However, testing the battery in another similar Vaio would be a good way to rule it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.