Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

recently my a60 has started to cut out suddenly, giving no warning. This seems to happen sometimes after only an hours use, and even when the laptop is plugged in. I cannot percieve any reason for this and it has never done this before. please help!

alex

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Most likely heat releated. Prop there rear of the laptop up about 1" with a book and see if this helps.

There is static related problems with the A75 series of laptops that is well documented on Toshiba's web site, it is possible that this machine may have a similiar problem??

JamesO

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
re: suggestion

will give that a try, thanx and in response to your question, it does not shutdown, it just cuts out.

alex

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The system does not go through the process of shutting down, it just instantly switches itself off without any type of warning.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ask because I have recently started having the same problem with my A10. It seems to happen very reliably when I run the virus scan, and on occasion if I am watching a video.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Virus scans and videos are CPU intensive, maybe an overheating issue? Maybe a power supply instability??

JamesO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.