Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a computer which is used to monitor external cameras. ( Lorex) It is not used for anything else, and yet I have to remove many trackers almost daily.
Where are they coming from, and how do I prevent them. If I don't delete them it takes a very long time for my program to load.
I have Malwarebytes installed, Mcaffe as well.
Thx
3/21/2022

· Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
44,616 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't need any 3rd party Anti-Virus software like McAfee. We suggest uninstalling it using the McAfee McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool. It's OK to have Malwarebytes Free version where you would manually scan, but not necessary to have the paid version which starts with Windows. Windows Security (Defender) works just as well and it is free
Thanks for the how to remove McAfee, but that doesn't answer my question. Why do the trackers keep returning? and how do I eliminate them Does getting rid of McAfee get of the trackers too.

· Moderator , Security Team
2,431 Posts
You're going to need to define what you mean by trackers, because by the sound of things you're not talking about what most of us would think of as trackers.

Trackers and beacons are pretty much universal on most websites these days. Some are there to monitor the site's web traffic, so the site's owner can ensure the site functions properly, others are put there by advertisers so that they can profile what types of "customers" are landing on the site, so that they can sell to them more efficiently.

So, every time you land on a website, you will be "tracked", and if you allow sites to set cookies on your browser, then some of them potentially have "tracking" functionality.

To reduce the number of these type of trackers you can fit a "tracker blocker" to your browser ...

... is fairly straight forward to use.

But I get the impression that that's not what you're talking about.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're going to need to define what you mean by trackers, because by the sound of things you're not talking about what most of us would think of as trackers.

Trackers and beacons are pretty much universal on most websites these days. Some are there to monitor the site's web traffic, so the site's owner can ensure the site functions properly, others are put there by advertisers so that they can profile what types of "customers" are landing on the site, so that they can sell to them more efficiently.

So, every time you land on a website, you will be "tracked", and if you allow sites to set cookies on your browser, then some of them potentially have "tracking" functionality.

To reduce the number of these type of trackers you can fit a "tracker blocker" to your browser ...

... is fairly straight forward to use.

But I get the impression that that's not what you're talking about.
I don't know what or where they come from. I have McAfee which has a tracker removal function, and I use it. I do NOT use this computer for internet surfing, or email. Strictly to monitor my external security cameras. I have also used cc cleaner to remove trackers. So I don't want to delete McAfee, unless it is the cause of the trackers. If i don't delete the trackers it takes a long time for security cameras to load.
Thx

· TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
11,911 Posts

2,431 Posts
Would I be right in thinking that when you say trackers, you mean the little white frames that the software of some camera monitoring systems will lock onto "targets of interest" ?

If that is the case, then without knowing the camera type, and the software that's being used with those cameras, then there's no way we can help you.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is your definition of "trackers" please?

This computer is not being used to go on the internet. I have no definition of trackers other than thats what McAfee, and CC cleaner refers too, after they remove what they calltrackrs my computer speeds up.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would I be right in thinking that when you say trackers, you mean the little white frames that the software of some camera monitoring systems will lock onto "targets of interest" ?

If that is the case, then without knowing the camera type, and the software that's being used with those cameras, then there's no way we can help you.
The cameras are Lorex and the software is Lorex coud.

2,431 Posts
Support for Lorex Cloud can be found at ... Lorex Technical Support | LOREX Support

And as it is a "Cloud" based App, you are going on the Internet when you use it, and therefore the trackers that are being loaded on your browser (which is what the app is using to connect you) are from Lorex's own website.

If you wish to block them, then as I said earlier, there are several tracker blocking add-ons that may help, like Privacy Badger that I linked you to in my earlier post.

Another is ... uBlock Origin - Free, open-source ad content blocker.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.