Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was just wondering if anyone can help me. I have xplornet and i have some connection issues. When i called them they said that i always have over 2000 ports open and they say this is causing intermitent service. They told me to do a virus scan and i did it found nothing i also did a malewarebytes scan found nothing a spybot scan found nothing adaware scan found nothing so they told me it is probably that my network adapter is installed incorrectly so i uninstalled it and reinstalled and im still getting the same problem. Can anybody help?

i am using win xp home sp3
xplornet internet service
i don't have a router
d-link dfe 530tx network adapter

Thanks

·
Registered
TSF Emeritus
20,461 Posts
Hello and welcome to TSF!

This link will inform you of those ports that are Open => https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

You may check your Router too on what type ports you have open. Remove them if you don't need them.

Power Cycling your Modem and Router might help too, if not you may reset your Router to Factory default.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for responding. i cycled the modem and i still have the same problem. But i did notice that i get the problem more often when utorrent is running. I had rogers internet before xplornet and i never had this problem. Im using the same computer so im just wondering what would cause this. And i'm pretty sure i dont have a router. any more ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.