Tech Support Forum banner

to allow access to my site to only IE users

2328 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  amy77
I would appreciate if someone could advise on how to use php code to allow access to my site to only IE users?
Many thanks in advance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
@ amy77: You can do this with Javascript, see http://www.w3schools.com/js/js_browser.asp, I have no clue how to do this with php.
Anyway, it has no point, because other browsers (like Firefox, Opera) have a plug-in with which IE-only websites can be browsed.
Amy ~

KoosHopeloos is right about that. I am strickly a FF User and I will be able to access your site no matter what you do other than pass protect it.
I'd like to know why would you wish to deny access to non-IE Users unless of course you are Bill's Daughter :wink:
Thanks to both KoosHopeloos and BluBarry for your input.
I have media type file (wmv) on my site and it works only in IE.
Also quite a number of the javascript that I use works only in IE.
Thanks to both KoosHopeloos and BluBarry for your input.
I have media type file (wmv) on my site and it works only in IE.
Also quite a number of the javascript that I use works only in IE.

Hmmm, curious .. I'd like to take a look if it's up. Actually, I removed IE from my system which is not difficult to do although many don't know how. I became very concerned about the use of IE after the huge virus rush a few years back.

Not suggesting FF is all that but I seem to have a much more relax feeling about what I do online now that I use FF. However please don't consider this a recommendation of sorts because their email client Tbird is a pain in the butt. And I will also include that most FF users have ActiveX Controllers and need to embed Media into their Browser via Extensions which most who do have already done so.
R U willing to provide the URL of your site?
@ Amy77: I can tell from experience that you can put media on your site that is visible for all users as well as JavaScripts. Just let us know and we'll help you.
Thanks to both for your kind assistance.
I forgot to mention earlier that I have disabled the right mouse click in IE and this is not working in firefox.

The script that I use to embed the wmv is as follows:
<OBJECT id=NSPlay classid=CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95 width=360 height=320>
<PARAM NAME="fileName" VALUE="filename.wmv">
<PARAM NAME="autoStart" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="BufferingTime" value="0"><PARAM NAME="CaptioningID" value="">
<PARAM NAME="ShowControls" value="1"><PARAM NAME="ShowAudioControls" value="1"><PARAM NAME="ShowGotoBar" value="0"><PARAM NAME="ShowPositionControls" value="1"><PARAM NAME="ShowStatusBar" value="-1">
<PARAM NAME="EnableContextMenu" value="0">
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.