Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 MODEL 64, AMD 1ghz prosessor and 128mb of ram but when I went to play CoD it says (from memory) Something about open GL and try updating your drivers. I searched for some on google and found a similar case on this site and downloaded the latest drives that someone had sugested but when I went to play it there was another problem about somthing, and that I should try reinstalling the driver. I have to do this from memory because by brother has screwed the computer it was on.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Your problem is that the TNT is a very old card now! Back when I had a voodoo 3, i used to have a choice of how to run Unreal Tournament between Direct3D or OpenGL. The two render types were different in their aproach to running games and had a noticeable difference on my system which at the time wasnt very good.

Now since the cards were about around the same time, maybe it's saying something like COD only supports direct3d, and that your old drivers arent supported? Whatever the reason, the cards were made by nvidia and they are actually still supported on their site.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/riva_drivers.html

First however, I suggest you uninstall your old display drivers before putting these new ones on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.