Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't too serious of a problem, just annoying really. I have a Belkin Wireless G USB card running to a Network Everywhere Wireless B model NWR11B router. The problem comes from when I want to fill some time playing online games such as Unreal Tournament, etc. I start out fine, but every other 45 sec - 1 min I get about a 2-3 second timeout, which gets me killed about 90% of the time (that's where the frustration arrives).

Is there something I can do to provide constant bandwidth to my wireless card without these annoying timeouts? I tried upgrading the firmware for the router from my PC and got an error "Tftp failed to serve for some errors". Then I tried directly plugging into the router and got the same error. I was considering just running an ethernet cable from my room to the router (about 12 feet away), but I would like to avoid that. Thanks for any help, I have about zero knowledge for these sort of things.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is no firmware upgrade to the NWR11b and it is a linksys created router. I would get a real Linksys as this router times out on me as well an I changed it to get better as it is not support by network everywhere or linksys.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.