Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am unable to alter the time zone save for picking from a choice of countries I haven't heard of. There is no globe displayed either. I suspect the fault has arisen as i picked up a nasty virus a couple of weeks ago. I thought I had put everything back as it should be.

Can anyone assit please ?

Thanks,

Graham

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cannot remember the specif one. It was some form of trojan. It turned off my administrator rights, turned off the antivirus, disconnected my network. I had to visit www.andymanchester.com to get the fix using another computer as I couldn't get to the internet on mine. I then ran clean up, spybot and then my own Norton to cleanse.

Everything was fixed (or so i thought). The time zone may have been connected to the virus or it may not.

Thanks,

Graham

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

I never used a thread. When I ran one of the tests it told me I had a specific trojan. I ran the fix that I found at the www.andymanchesta.com and then some other spywares to ensure i was problem free. Sorry i can't be any more specific.

Thanks

Graham

·
TSF Emeritus
15,079 Posts
Hello again,

Maybe we should make sure the infection is really gone. Please do this:

I would recommend that you go here; read and follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, to here. (Just click on the coloured links.)

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

Good luck :smile:

Please also remember DO NOT post your logs in this thread, please start a new thread here. (Just click on the coloured link.) and post the logs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,

I eventually got this sorted by downloading "timezone.reg" which was merged back into my registry. Works as it should now. Thanks

·
TSF Emeritus
15,079 Posts
I am glad to hear you got the problem solved.

Could you please mark this thread Resolved? Click Thread tools, then on Mark This Thread Resolved, as seen in the image below:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.