Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ticketmaster Blocked Me - 403 - They Deny It - ISP Says All Good - I'm Lost

I get 403 Forbidden Error, when trying to enter "ticketmaster.com" website.

The things I tried:
- 3 different browsers
- google dns - 8.8.8.8
- different computers
- mobile (connected to the same router) (desktop mode)
- ping & tracert works

I obviously tried to get different IP (using HOT SPOT with my mobile provider) and ticketmaster.com works like a charm
no problem

ticketmaster.be and m.ticketmaster.com - works with the blocked IP by the way.

Ticket master costumer service says my IP isn't blocked, and its open.

My ISP doesn't see any problem.

I think ticketmaster either are incompetent, lying or something went wrong and they can't see the IP is blocked.

Any ideas please, I don't know what to do, been working on this issues for 5 days now.

Thanks !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can you bypass your router and connect directly to the modem? If so do so. Do you get different results?
so the router is all in one, router + modem.

But here's the weird thing, usually the router gets internet connection via DHCP pulling IP without dial up this IP is 84.108.y.z

When the ISP support tried to change the internet connection to dial up
the IP changed to 84.110.t.a

but surprisingly the website was still blocked, so I assume maybe a range of IP'S is being blocked

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Could the tech get to ticketmaster? If so that would indicated a range of ips is not blocked.

Unclear why ticketmaster would block a range of ips. I have to assume this is not the case and that this is a router or local configuration issue.

can you login to the router and ping ticketmaster.com? results?

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
6,710 Posts
One way around the problem would be to use a proxy server. For example, go to 4everproxy.com, type in http://www.ticketmaster.com and click the "GO TO SITE" button.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One way around the problem would be to use a proxy server. For example, go to 4everproxy.com, type in http://www.ticketmaster.com and click the "GO TO SITE" button.
Yes, that would be a bypass of the problem.
I tried that, but it works slow and for sites based on the kind of interface ticketmaster has it doesn't work well.

I wish to solve the problem directly

thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
can you login to your router?
make and model of router?
Yes I can, it's a proprietary router of the cable company called: HotBox.
with a proprietary OP.
is there anything specific you thought about checking ?

How often were you going there on a daily basis and how many tickets were you buying?
maybe 3 times a week tops, I was just looking at tickets for a future event.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
It's a matter of results.

you are serially connected to the internet. if we can eliminate some of the links in the chain we can determine where the issue can be more defined

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's a matter of results.

you are serially connected to the internet. if we can eliminate some of the links in the chain we can determine where the issue can be more defined
This is the HTTP REQUEST and RESPONSE
Code:
GET http://www.ticketmaster.com/favicon.ico HTTP/1.1
Host: www.ticketmaster.com
Connection: keep-alive
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/60.0.3112.90 Safari/537.36
Accept: image/webp,image/apng,image/*,*/*;q=0.8
Referer: http://www.ticketmaster.com/
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.8,he;q=0.6

HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
Server: Apache
Content-Length: 213
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2017 16:56:59 GMT
Set-Cookie: AB=A; path=/; domain=.ticketmaster.com
Set-Cookie: GEO_OMN=unk; path=/; domain=.ticketmaster.com

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>403 Forbidden</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Forbidden</h1>
<p>You don't have permission to access /favicon.ico
on this server.</p>
</body></html>
I'm pretty sure it's ticketmaster server that blocks my IP, if it was something in the way I would get maybe a different ERROR msg.

Another weird thing is TicketMaster denied the IP was blocked by 3 representatives and then send me this email:

Code:
Thanks for your email. Sorry for any confusion. I am happy to help. My apologies the other agents were not looking at the proper range for 84.108.80.0. Please answer the folowing questions and we'll se what can be done to get you unblocked.
After that they denied it again, so they're playing games or something

·
6,710 Posts
Even if they have blocked an IP Address, there is nothing we can do to change their server settings.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Even if they have blocked an IP Address, there is nothing we can do to change their server settings.
That's fine, in this point I just wish there was a way to check where did the Request dropped.

It's just annoying that they deny it

·
Registered
914 Posts
I see a lot of posts, but not much information. What country are you in for example? Can other people in your area get to the site?

It may not even be you they blocked. It could be the entire region for some reason. Maybe a bot tried to get in which is why I asked how often you went there. Have you tried getting in from another location? Work or school for example?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I see a lot of posts, but not much information. What country are you in for example? Can other people in your area get to the site?

It may not even be you they blocked. It could be the entire region for some reason. Maybe a bot tried to get in which is why I asked how often you went there. Have you tried getting in from another location? Work or school for example?
Yeah I checked with a friend who is also under the same ISP and cable company but had a really far IP range then me, so he has no problem.

My friend suggested to check if my IP is blacklisted in 3rd party website and maybe TM using one of their services.

I've check this website:
IP Address Blacklist Check

and I got 3 sites that blocked my IP, could you run the same test see if it's natural to get a few site that blocks ?

Thanks

·
6,710 Posts
I see a lot of posts, but not much information. What country are you in for example?
IL - Israel

84.108.0.0 - 84.108.255.255
84.110.96.0 - 84.110.107.0

bezeqint.net
Bezeq International
40 hashacham st
Petach Tikva 49170 Israel
-------

My friend suggested to check if my IP is blacklisted in 3rd party website and maybe TM using one of their services.

I've check this website:
IP Address Blacklist Check

and I got 3 sites that blocked my IP
I'm not sure why Ticketmaster would be using SPAM Blacklisting sites to block you from buying a ticket. However a blacklist check on 84.108.0.0 and 84.110.96.0 show both are blacklisted by the following:
dnsbl.sorbs.net (SORBS primary zone / serious infractions)
dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net (Email from dynamic IP)
l2.apews.org (Level 2, IP addresses and netblocks of known spammers)
-------

Ticketymaster.com > Why am I getting a "blocked", "forbidden", or "403 error" message?
Sorry, you've been temporarily blocked from buying tickets because you may have refreshed your browser too frequently. When that happens our system thinks it’s a bot, an evil automated program trying to scoop up tickets. And we automatically block bots.

If you're still blocked after 24 hours or if you feel you were blocked in error please Contact Fan Support

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
914 Posts
OP keeps saying that Customer Service 'denies it'.

It is entirely possible that Customer Service has no idea. They may see that the account or ID are not blocked, but they would have no idea whether or not the IP address was blocked downstream somewhere. That would require a level of technician that probably never talks to the lowly public.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
OP keeps saying that Customer Service 'denies it'.

It is entirely possible that Customer Service has no idea. They may see that the account or ID are not blocked, but they would have no idea whether or not the IP address was blocked downstream somewhere. That would require a level of technician that probably never talks to the lowly public.
Let me share the email correspondence and witness how strange they are

ME:
Hello,
I'm getting 403 Error can't access your website
This is my IP: 84.xxx.xxx.xx
Thanks.

TM:
I'm sorry to hear you are blocked from accessing Ticketmaster.
The IP address you provided isn't blocked.
You should be able to access our website.

ME:
Thanks for the response, but something isn't working.
I tried 2 different browsers and on 2 different computers.
This is what I get:
(Pic of the 403 Error)

**I also added another proof that with different IP it's working**

TM:
Thank you so much for taking the time to email us and I would be more than happy
to assist you with your questions today or make any changes.
And I apologize for any inconvenience you my be facing today.

I wish there was more information that I can give you but looking at your IP address one more time
you are not blocked from our servers and have full access to view as you please.
Now from the first email you sent us you were locked for 24 hours as that does happen
at times but at this time I do see that you have full access.
I recommend you take a look at your computer setting s and make sure your firewall isn’t blocking you.

Second email from TM
Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.
I took the liberty of sending a request form to our tech guys and gals and they will be reaching out to you in the next few days

ME:
So I tried my phone, and another computer when I use the cable internet I get 403 with my IP.
Do you think I should contact my ISP ? I don't think it's something local

TM:
We would actually recommend contacting your ISP to see if there is an issue on their end.
We reviewed your IP address (84.xxxxxx) and we see that it is open.
You should not have any issues trying to access our site. We hope this helps.

ME:
I contacted my ISP and they explain they don't see any problem and they don't block websites
Could I please please speak directly with a tech person on this issue, this is very important.
I have Skype, Hangouts what ever you can do to connect us

TM:
Thanks for your email. Sorry for any confusion.
I am happy to help. My apologies the other agents were not looking at the proper range for 84.xxxxxxx .
Please answer the folowing questions and we'll se what can be done to get you unblocked.

Name

Street Address

MyTM Account Email Address

IP Address 84.xxxxx

have you read & understood the Ticketmaster/LiveNation Terms of Use

What event(s) are you interested in?

Were you aware of any ticket limits when looking at or making ticket selections?

Please estimate how many computers (including virtual machines) access the Internet through this IP address.

Over the last year, have you used multiple browser tabs to access the Ticketmaster/LiveNation prior to getting blocked?

Over the last year, have you used accounts other than the account above to purchase tickets on the Ticketmaster/LiveNation website?

Are you using any software to automatically fill out web form fields and/or automate web submissions?

** So now they admit they haven't looked at the right IP Range
And that they will unblock me so they understand that my IP is blocked ? who knows... **

ME

I really don't understand why I need to answer all these question.
I'm a private user, I did nothing wrong
Please unblock me so I could use your service in the future :(

I really don't get it, what's the problem here ?!

Every man woman or child that hasn't read the "Ticketmaster/LiveNation Terms of Use"
can't browse your website and all of them are getting 403 Forbidden ?!?

Please estimate how many computers (including virtual machines) access the Internet through this IP address.

one PC - 95% of the times
sometimes it could be 2

Are you using any software to automatically fill out web form fields and/or automate web submissions?

built in function of google chrome auto form maybe

** AT THIS POINT I DECIDED TO CALL THEM, but they told me to answer the same questions mentioned in the previous mail **

TM:
Thanks for reaching out to us, my name is Eric and I'll be more than happy to assist you.

I am sorry to hear that you are unable to access our site. The IP address you provided does work and is not blocked.
Unfortunately there is nothing that we can do at this point.
You are able to purchase tickets by calling our sales department at 800-745-3000.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

ME
Hello Eric,

I spent 40 minutes with the ISP checking every possible option, and from their end it's not blocked..
I mean ! this is so weird that you don't admit there is a problem !!!

m.ticketmaster.com works for me
ticketmaster.be works for me

every mobile device, laptop, computer every browser
I tried it allllll

any machine that is connected to this IP address can't access your website, it's obvious.

I really don't get it, this is terrible costumer service if you can' connect me directly
to a professional technical representative and he could see for himself
that I'm getting blocked !!

** Now this is crazy incompetence from their end **
TM:

Thank you for choosing Ticketmaster! My name is Ashley, I am happy to assist you today!
We are sorry to hear you are not able to access our site.
Unfortunately we are not able to locate the IP address you provided in your original email.
One similar came up and we assume this is what previous agents have been referring to.
If you could please go to http://www.whatismyip.com to determine the correct IP address,
we will be happy to look into this further for you.
We apologize for the inconvenience, have a good day!

** WHAT ?!!? You can't see previous emails ?
you need me to provide the IP again after you wrote it and checked it yourself ?! 3 times ?! **

ME:
"Unfortunately we are not able to locate the IP address you provided in your original email." ?!?!
You can't see the whole correspondence ?

This issues is now 6 days of terrible waste of time, I should buy my tickets at websites that doesn't block me.
it's so frustrating.... I shouldn't deal with this issue for so long :(

MY IP:
84.xxx.xx.xx
84.xxx.xx.xx
84.xxx.xx.xx
84.xxx.xx.xx
84.xxx.xx.xx

Made sure to include different color so you can't miss the digits.

TM:
Thank you for reaching out to Ticketmaster's fan support, my name Sayuri and I'll be happy to assist you!

The IP address you have provided is not blocked in our system, do you have another IP address?

If you do not have another IP address, you may call our Sales line at 1-800-745-3000 to purchase tickets.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist. Have a great day!

** After reading that I just exploded !! It's like every new representative the story
starts all over again and they can't see previous emails **

So I wrote:

THIS IS THE WORST COSTUMER SERVICE I have EVER
EXPERIENCED.

And Added:

Code:
GET http://www.ticketmaster.com/favicon.ico HTTP/1.1
Host: www.ticketmaster.com

HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
Server: Apache
Content-Length: 213
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2017 16:56:59 GMT
Set-Cookie: AB=A; path=/; domain=.ticketmaster.com
Set-Cookie: GEO_OMN=unk; path=/; domain=.ticketmaster.com

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>403 Forbidden</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Forbidden</h1>
<p>You don't have permission to access /favicon.ico
on this server.</p>
</body></html>

I don't feel I have the energies to deal with them anymore,
If they keep it that way most of their clients will be blocked....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.